Christmas Time

Monday, December 8, 2008

I just have to say that I love the month of December! It seems that as soon as Thanksgiving is over that everyone starts getting ready for Christmas and I love Christmas! Everyone seems so much more happy and willing to help others. It is such a fun time!

So, to start our holiday season off we went and bought our first Christmas tree on Saturday. We got a small one (5 ft) because our apartment is so little. It was so fun to pick one out and bring it home and set it up. We didn't have any Christmas tree ornaments so we went to the craft store and made a bunch. I found this cool website that had a lot of fun ideas for homemade Christmas tree ornaments. My favorite one is the wishing spool. We are going to make this one each year with our kids so that we can remember what was on everyone's Christmas list that year.

Here is our finished tree except for the star (we have the star on now but I don't have a picture of it yet):

And here is Emma putting up her first ornament:


So now we are pretty much ready for Christmas minus a few last gifts to buy. After Christmas I am sooo excited to be able to go see my family. I get to be there on my birthday since I don't get to be there for Christmas this year. We are probably going to go to the zoo for it (well the day after since my birthday is on a Sunday) and it will be the first time I get to take Emma. yay! I can't wait! Well, Emma is waking up so I gotta run.

2 comments:

Scully said...

Okay, so your little family is so adorable! I'm glad you are my family too! I'm so excited to spend Christmas with you guys this year! Is that too many exclamation points in a row? I don't care, I'm really excited!

The Mechams said...

She is so adorable...Merry Christmas to you three. I e-mailed mike, but he never got back to me I am looking for your address to send a card...if you could sent it to me that would be great. My e-mail is charmindee@hotmail.com