Flying with a 2 month old

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

wasn't nearly as bad as I thought.

I got to go home this last week with Emma to see my family. It was tons of fun. It was really nice to have some company during the day since I haven't seen a lot of Mime recently. Sometimes it is lonely sitting around basically talking to yourself because the baby doesn't respond back. I got to see my parents new house (which is BEAUTIFUL by the way) and swim in their pool. Emma got spoiled by her grandparents of course. haha.

I thought tht flying with her would be a little difficult but it wasn't bad! Everyone is super nice and helpful when you have a baby. On the way down we had a couple minor mishaps. While we were taking off Emma filled her pants so much that it overflowed through her clothes and onto my pants. We got that cleaned up pretty well but then I accidentally spilled my orange juice on both of us. That I just had to let dry. I just told her it was payback for pooping on me earlier. haha. The one thing that saved me getting through the airport was my wrap that I had made the week before. Here is a picture of me using it:

Her head can rest inside as well so that I can bend down without needing my hands but she is getting pretty good at holding her head up on her own.

We had a great trip and can't wait to do it again only hopefully we will be able to bring Mime next time. It really made me realize how much I would love to live close to my family some day. I almost didn't want to come back! haha.

2 comments:

kandra said...

I will be traveling to OR for Christmas and Brandon will be almost 10 months! I'm not looking forward to that, but you gave me hope :)

Jenny said...

haha, I was pretty nervous about it as well but I think people at the airport were way nicer and more understanding than normal just because I had a baby. I would recommend putting a diaper or 2 and some wipes (and whatever else you will want quickly) in a zip lock bag and stick it in the back of the seat in front of you. It was nice not to have to take the whole diaper bag into the little tiny bathroom.