Snow in Seattle

Monday, December 22, 2008

Before we moved to Seattle I had a lot of people telling me about how the weather is here. I heard that it rained a lot and was frequently overcast. I even heard that it sometimes snows here and there but not very much. Well, I think Seattle must have felt bad that we were in such a new place and wanted us to feel at home so it decided to pretend it was Rexburg. Here are some pictures from my apartment window.


I do find it somewhat ironic though that we had church canceled on Sunday because of the snow that we got. I'm pretty sure that in Rexburg we went to church, school and wherever else in blizzards. Nothing ever shuts down in Rexburg but in Seattle we get a few inches of snow and everyone thinks it's the end of the world and wont leave their apartments. The one bad part about driving in the snow in Seattle is the hills which can be pretty slick at times. I do think that it has been very pretty to watch. I'm going to have to take Emma out in it and take her picture in the snow for the first time. She doesn't have a coat though (afterall I was told that it wasn't really supposed to snow here) so I'm a little nervous that I wont be able to dress her up warm enough.

On another note, Emma has started eating oatmeal cereal at night. I'm not sure how much she actually gets down but she enjoys it and tries to help us feed her. She has had a few small tastes of some fruit that we were eating. She LOVES banana.

1 comments:

Scully said...

I think we have a picture just like that of Mime, only with chocolate pudding. Back when he used to eat things.