The Holidays

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

This year I had very different Christmas than I normally have. It was the first Christmas that I spent without seeing my family. It was also the first white Christmas I have had. I have had snow around Christmas time before but I've always been in California on Christmas day but this year we stayed in Seattle. It was also Emma's first Christmas. She loved it! Her favorite part was ripping open the wrapping paper and then she just wanted to play with the paper and not so much the toys. Me and Mike and Emma all opened our presents first thing in the morning and then Scully (Emma's aunt for those who don't know) and Emma's Grandpa Hogsett came over and we opened more presents. Then we had the missionaries over and we had a big dinner. I am really looking forward to next year when Emma is a little older and more excited about Christmas. I missed all of the crazy chaos and excitement of all the kids this year.

On Saturday we headed down to California to see my family for my birthday and new years. On my birthday my mom cooked a yummy roast with potatoes and carrots and yorkshire pudding. It was very good. Since my birthday was on Sunday we couldn't do much for fun that day so on Tuesday we went to the San Diego zoo. It was so much fun! We took a bus on a tour around the park first because it is a huge zoo and that way we got to see pretty much everything. Then we walked around to the things that the bus didn't go to or things that we wanted to see again. We even got to feed the giraffes!
We also went to the little petting zoo where Emma got to pet the goats.


And here are just a few more pictures from the day.


Today we got to go see Mike's sister-aunt and Emma's cousin (well he's Emma's second cousin?). It was the first time that we've met him and it was the first time they'd met Emma so it was a lot of fun to see them! They are pretty cute if I do say so myself (and I'm not biased at all).

0 comments: