The rest of the trip

Monday, January 12, 2009

Emma and I got back to Seattle this weekend from our 2 week vacation in California. Mike had gotten back a week earlier. It's really good to see Mike again but now I miss my family a lot. I wish that we could live closer to them.

Since I haven't posted in about 2 weeks I just thought I'd share about the rest of our trip. On New Years Day we got to go swimming! It was so awesome. How often do you get to go swimming in January? My parents heated their pool for the one day so that we could go swimming in a warm pool also. We also took Emma swimming for the first time as well. She seemed ok with it but after about 15 minutes she was done. She loved to stick her hand under the little waterfall and play with it.

The water was like 80 degrees and it was so nice. We were able to get in and out all day.

Mike and I also got to go out on our very first date since Emma was born because my parents were so nice to watch her for us. We went to Chili's for dinner and then just walked around the shops. At Chili's I got the country fried steak and it was AMAZING. So if you ever go to Chili's order that! Yumm, now my mouth is watering for it.

The week after Mike left the kids had to go back to school and my Dad had to go back to work so I got to relax and go shopping with my mom that week. At first Emma was a little wary of all the new people. She wanted to be mostly with Mommy or Daddy but as the time went on she got comfortable with everyone. She even stayed and played with Grandma while some of the rest of us went to the driving range and she had a blast! She loved to have Grandpa rock her to sleep at night and would just lay there until she was out and all I had to do was take her up to bed. Darn I forgot to get a picture of that! Oh well... Emma loved her aunt Emily. They would play and play together and then Emma would fall asleep on Emily's lap. Here's a funny picture of Emma asleep on Emily's lap still sucking on her hand. (Sorry if it's a little fuzzy, it was taken on a cell phone)


While we were there we also took a picture of all the girls in our family so here it is:
Emma and Bekah weren't too thrilled at the time so we had a bit of trouble getting them to smile for it. The dog was also licking all of our feet so we were also having a hard time getting everyone looking at the camera. This one is kind of funny because we were all looking at the dog and Mom is trying to push her out of the way with her foot.

Well, now Mike is back in school and I am home with Emma. It's stinks going back to the everyday routine and having no one to talk to most of the time but oh well. Such is life I guess.

2 comments:

The Ringmaster said...

I know it is not the same, but please feel free to call the Peanut and me anytime. We are usually just hanging out with no one to talk to but the pups . . . .

Scully said...

Love the new design! It looks amazing.