Just a ramble

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I guess not much has happened recently but it feels like life has been so crazy. Next week Mike has an interview for a possible internship so hopefully that goes well. I get to go home for all of next week. It feels like I was just down there but I get to go back because we found tickets for really cheap through Jet Blue. If you are planning on traveling (I think they only fly inside the U.S.) anytime soon, check them out! I love to go see my family but I really hate traveling by myself with Emma. She's been pretty good ever time we've flown but it's so stressful to have to juggle everything and hope she is not in a bad mood and all that good stuff. I am soo excited to be able to see my family again though!

Emma has started squealing pretty much as loud as she can. She does it whether she is happy or sad and I think she just likes to hear her voice. It's pretty cute at first but after about 15 min. it starts getting old and then after 3 hours you can feel your eardrums splitting. haha. She thinks it is great, though I'm sure our neighbors don't think so. She has also started putting things in her mouth and then letting go of them with her hands so that whatever it is just hangs there from her mouth. It's pretty funny. Here's a picture of her doing it with a burp rag:

For Christmas Emma's grandpa got her a piano that hangs at the foot of her crib so that she can kick it and it will play music. She loves that thing and will lay in her crib and just kick and kick it. There is a chicken at the top though that moves and she tends to aim for that instead of the piano keys.

We propped her up with pillows so that she could actually see the piano but she is just as happy to kick it laying on her back.


My little brother gets home from his mission in about 4-5 months and I'm sooo excited. I can't wait to see him again. Well, that's about it. Not to many blog worthy things happen these days I guess. I'll have to work on making my life a little more interesting :-)

3 comments:

Scully said...

Apparently she and Michael had the same reaction to that bird. Or Michael taught her to kick it in the hopes that it will never say "Hello Baby" again.

Sarah said...

That is too interesting! I love to hear the crazy things Emma is doing. Babies are all so different and yet so much the same. Best wishes flying!

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

Holy COW! She is getting so big! And what a cutie!