Chunky Monkey

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Well, tomorrow will be 1 week since our little one was born. We went to her first doctor's appointment on Tuesday which was pretty quick and painless. We found out that she had gained 5 oz in 5 days which is a lot for the first week. Today we went to the lactation consultant (after many tears) and found out that she is now about 8 lbs. She is a little chubster. We were comparing pictures of her from the day she was born to pictures from today and they really showed how much weight she had gained.

Here's a picture of her from today:
She's gotten pretty chunky. She has started smiling in her sleep, it is so adorable. I love holding her, especially when she has her eyes open and is just looking around.

I've discovered today (now that a lot of the pain has dispersed) that I can touch my toes again. Wow, is that a crazy feeling! haha. I also realized that I can sleep on my stomach again, assuming that Emma ever lets me sleep in my bed again.

I have to say, I think being a mom is the best thing ever. It takes a lot of work and there are times that it is super hard but it is sooo worth it. I can't wait to be able to show her off to both mine and Mime's family, although I think I might have a hard time sharing...

1 comments:

kandra said...

OH my goodness. She is soo beautiful!! I can't even get over it! I keep telling Brian...she's so pretty...she's so pretty! Maybe we should have a pre-arranged marriage set up ;)