This weekend

Monday, March 2, 2009

we got to meet my future Step-Mother-in-law. Wow, that's a mouthful. They will be getting married in the middle of June. My mother-in-law passed away about a year and a half ago and my father-in-law is now getting re-married. I have mixed feelings about this. My mother-in-law was more like a mother to me and I miss her so much. She was one of those people that makes everyone feel like they are the most important person to her. She was hilarious and so much fun to be around.

(a few pictures of my MOM from our wedding)

I'm also happy that my father-in-law is happy and doesn't have to be lonely now. I really like Tamara (my future Step-mother-in-law). She is very sweet and I know she will make my father-in-law happy. I look forward to getting to know her better soon.

(a few pictures from this weekend of Tamara and Richard)

4 comments:

Scully said...

I love how all Jen, Mom and I have the same "Crap, I'm freezing, but I'm smiling" face in the first picture. You can just see us thinking "BUT Southern California is supposed to be warm!"

I had so much fun seeing you and hanging out. We need to do that more often. I can't wait for the soccer game in a couple weeks! Would it be okay if I drove down in the morning and just hung out all day before the game?

Jenny said...

haha, I thought the same thing about that picture of the 3 of you. I think it's a cute picture! Please come and play with us all day! I love it when you come down!

Scully said...

Its a plan! And I will hopefully be death flu free at that point!

The Mechams said...

I am so happy for Richard! I too miss your mother-in-law, she will always be one of the most important women in my life, but I know that she would want life to go on.